Centre for Competence Development Cyprus (COMCY) participates in the motivatEyoUth Erasmus+ project that aims to support professionals working with young people (14-24), and build their capacity through competence oriented learning in preventing and reducing ESL as well as inspiring youth to continue on viable progression pathways.
What are the objectives of this project?
The main objectives of the project are to:
– create an identification, prevention and intervention programme for ESL through innovative tools and activities
– provide opportunities for continuous education to professionals directly involved with youth through open education and innovative practices
– build high-quality training materials and methodologies for professionals
– motivate youth with innovative methodologies that better respond to the diverse needs of young learners today
– reduce ESL levels on a local, national and European level
The project results are:
- Experts Programme Toolkit: a course of action for experts to prevent, remedy and reduce the Early School Leaving phenomenon.
- Online game “Journey to your Future”: the main aim of the game will be to identify, through a youth-friendly online gaming environment, those youngsters (14-18) who are at high risk of engaging in the phenomenon of early school leaving.
- ICT Tool for Competence Assessment: the aim of the tool is to ensure diagnosis of the competencies of current Early Leavers from Education and Training (18-24).
- Online educational platform: a digital platform for the provision of the training material developed throughout the project.
The project partnership consists of organisations from five European countries: Italy (Petit Pas – Project Coordinator), Cyprus (COMCY), Poland (OIC Poland Foundation), Spain (Associacio Programes Educatius Open Europe), and Portugal (Universidade do Porto).
News from the project
The consortium is in the process of developing and testing the project results, and more specifically the ICT Tool for Competence Assessment addressed to the youth 18-24. If you require more information about the project, please contact COMCY via email at email@example.com or visit our website: www.comcy.eu
proud member of