01/01/2017 – 31/12/2018
South Eastern Europe Women Business Angels Network – S.E.E.W.B.A.N
Main aim of the project is the development of Women Business Angels (WBA) Networks in countries which have little or no experience in the field; Greece, Cyprus, Slovenia, Hungary, Bulgaria.
The above aim is to be satisfied through various activities which are being implemented in all partner countries as well as at EU level:
- Identification of the success factors, the challenges and obstacles that women are facing to become business angels
- Implementation of a strategy and proposal of concrete measures to tackle these obstacles and increase the number of WBA in the regions of the consortium
- fostering the skills of the recruited WBAs through the delivery of training and mentoring programs
- increase the skills of women entrepreneurs in pitching and relevant business strategies through the delivery of training
- development of a blended training methodology (e-learning and classroom based environments)
The project is expected to derive an exceptional impact, both at National (partners) level as well as at EU level:
- Improvement of the access of women entrepreneurs to business angel funding
- Increase of the volume of investment of WBA to business of women entrepreneurs
- Improvement, through the use of training, of the skills of WBA to successfully engage in investments with WE
- Improvement, through the use of training of the skills of the WE on successful participation in pitching Events
- Improvement of the networking and contacts between WBAs and between WBAs, WE and important stakeholders
- Improvement of the understanding of the obstacles and challenges that have to be dealτ with for the development of the business angel funding in the target areas of the project.