01/02/2022 – 31/01/2024
GreenTour – Interactive map for green tourism for people with disabilities
COMCY participates in the Erasmus+ project GreenTour that has set the overall goal to promote the social inclusion and better access of the people with disabilities to existing green tourism possibilities and foster environmental sustainability in tourism industry.
– Development of Interactive map to enable people with disabilities to be able to plan, realize and enjoy green touristic travels, in more sustainable & environment friendly way and to explore all green tourism offers that the country can provide.
– Motivate the people with disabilities to lead an active life, do tourism and become true agents of the environmental change through development and implementation of new and targeted teaching approaches.
– Raise the awareness among people on the need to consider the environmental impact of touristic travels and to make green choices while organizing while being on the trip.
– Encourage the tourist providers to create inclusive environment for people with disabilities and to include more sustainable offers for their guests in their portfolio services.
– Support both target groups on how to utilize the available online technologies to their benefit and make the most of them when exploring the green tourism possibilities.
– Interactive map for green tourism for people with disabilities – an online application that will provide information on the possibilities for green tourism in the partners’ countries
– Green Travel Manual for people with disabilities how to plan, organize and realize their green touristic travels.
– Green Touristic Handbook for tourist providers – how to be more sustainable in providing their touristic services and to expand the existing touristic portfolio with new green & ecotourism offers.
– Manual for mentors – methodological instruction on how to interact with & support the tourist providers to improve their environmental sustainability.
– Choose Green Tourism Booklet – to promote the green tourism among all stakeholders, to raise the awareness towards the green tourism, good practices, success stories Tips/ strategies for stakeholder co-design of accessible tourism offers.
The project consortium consists of partners from Cyprus (COMCY, Cyprus Agrotourism Company), Romania (coordinator), Spain, Italy and Bulgaria.